PDA

View Full Version : Pamet River and vicinity?

finman
10-06-2000, 05:31 PM
I'll be in the North Truro in the next few days and was wondering about fishing the Pamet and possibly the ocean beaches in the Truro area. Shorebound and fly fishing.
All ideas welcome

Ray
10-06-2000, 05:52 PM
Call Fishing The Cape in Harwich (508-432-1200). They can help you. Ask for Peter, the manager and shore guide.

You may need to fish a sining line. Try day break.

Bob Thomas
10-07-2000, 01:18 AM
Fin,

One beach which is pretty hot about this time every year is Ballston. Off Pamet Roads exit. I usually fish that heavy in late Sept. to late October and hammer the fish. Unfortunately, work has kept me away from fishing altogether this season. Thems the breaks. That would be my first stop.

Good luck!
Bob

jl
10-09-2000, 02:52 PM
head of the meadow, coast guard in truro, down to lecount hollow in wellfleet are all great places to check out on the ocean side. if the weather and the weeds cooperate you can nail some good fish right till the end of october. last year on the last weekend in oct. i got into a school of big bass all 20 to 35lbs. from dusk till @ 8 or 9pm. left them still hitting and i was the only one on the beach. cold temps. and hot chowder drove me off the beach. great way to end the season. good luck! by the way, that was coast guard in truro.
-j.l.