PDA

View Full Version : 10/15 Boston AM Report

ag1
10-15-2000, 12:28 PM
Not quite a repeat of yesterday, but close. The only thing different was fewer and smaller fish. They were still active around Castle and Moon. The weather was nearly identical to Saturday, calm and glassy. Like yesterday, they shut down around 8.

On the way in. I stopped by the airport Hyatt to check out some bird activity. To my surprise, I brought in a mackerel. I switched to a mackerel jig but couldn't get any hits. I went back to the Bass Assassin on a jig and they whacked it. That lasted for about 5 minutes and it was suddenly over. I took that as a sign to close out the season. Unless someone reports massive striper blitzes this week, I'm done for the year.

During the off-season, I go through my logs to see what worked and when. I'll post any findings that look useful.

Al

marvin
10-15-2000, 04:00 PM
All over but the cryin'  :-(    Toured all of my regular, normally productive spots with no action before ending up near Al this morning (Al- nice to finally meet you, by the way).  Loads of birds, but not much in the way of bass underneath them- I ended up with a few small schoolies, but that was it for the day.  Unlike last week, I could count the number of fish I saw breaking today- on one hand.

EdLocke
10-15-2000, 08:19 PM
Had the same experience this am, including the 8am shut down of what activity there was. We caught small schoolies on three different types of jigs and one tough 28" fish that thought he was much bigger. We had our second consecutive visit (last week too) from an environmental police officer, very polite and business like. However the group he was looking over was probably the best behaved group I've seen in a long time, not much in the way of bad manners, never mind rule breaking. I hope they're catching the bad guys! It was a beautiful finish to the year, nearly full moon to the west and a golden sunrise to the east.

ADAM12
10-16-2000, 01:29 AM
We too took a Mack on a small white pattern on Saturday Morning.

While I also hate to think it's wrapping up for the season - I keep thinking that the great reports from Cape Ann would indicate that the Southward Migration is ongoing.

Can anyone with a few more years experience in the Boston Harbor area offer a few tips and indications that signal the fat lady..??

Adam12

ag1
10-16-2000, 07:03 AM
He paid me a visit also, the fourth time this year. It was the first time I've been asked whether I was familiar with striper regulations. They ought to give you a gold star or something after you pass the test.

Ditto on the good behavior observation. I've noticed that the bozo factor seems to diminish after Labor Day.

Al

mdglaw
10-16-2000, 10:24 AM
Well I wanted to go out on Sunday, but after early morning duck hunting on thursday, and early morning instruction duck hunting on the youth waterfowl hunt on saturday, I told my wife I was going to sleep in and go out late. After breakfast she thought instead it would be nice to wash all the windows down stairs, and take the daughter out for a driving lesson. Glad I did doesn't seem like I missed anything and scored some points at home with both ladies.
keep warm this winter people.
Mike