PDA

View Full Version : Cotuit 5/5

David Churbuck
05-05-2001, 10:57 PM
<P><FONT face=Verdana size=2>Six bluefish, two squid off of Cotuit this afternoon. Reports of a 28" bass from Cotuit weighed in at Sportsport.</FONT></P><P><FONT face=Verdana size=2>dcc</FONT></P><P>David Churbuck<BR>Moderator<BR>Reel-Time: The Internet Journal of Saltwater Fly Fishing</P>

FishHawk
05-06-2001, 12:24 AM
Great news the season has begun.
FishHawk

Bob Parsons
05-06-2001, 06:38 PM
Little bumpy out there on sunday!

I only stayed a short time, then went over to poppy. there were 9 guys fishing the spit (and one boat) when I passed through.

Found plenty of schoolies on the inside in various places. Crossed wakes with GeorgeM.

Heard from someone with a house on the estuary into Prince Cove there was a worm hatch Saturday evening. They were willing to take a white clouser today.

Slamdance
05-06-2001, 08:57 PM
You should have stayed on the outside Bob (I saw you heading in). The flats were crawling with blues and bass to 32 inches all willing to hit a fly. Landed at least 50 blues, most in the 8-9 pound range. No big bruisers like we usually see this time of year, but the bass were fairly inpressive.

Bob Parsons
05-06-2001, 10:27 PM
I had take a few waves to the face coming back from poppy and needed to get into protected water to warm up.

I actually had the life jacket on and the kill lanyard attached due to the bounces I was taking.