PDA

View Full Version : 5/20 Chatham shore report

Ray
05-21-2001, 10:00 AM
Simply put. Nothin.

All I could come up with was a very nice fight with a large blue, probably close to 30 inches. I know because I was fortunate enough to sight cast to him 15 feet away. I was rigged for schoolie bass (7 weight and 12 pound tippet). I thought it might have been a striper because it was on for so long before finally breaking off. It was like fighting a bonefish.

Everyone else I ran into had no luck with blues or stripers. I hope it changes soon. I'm giong there all next weekend to fish!!

Ray

Yozuri-Man
05-21-2001, 10:34 PM
Fished on the inside bay of Chatham Light(over sand dunes, Mill Pond????) on Sunday and the blues were in there pretty good. Nice size up to near 10 lbs. Bass were mixed in(<25") but seemed to be more blues. No signs of bait/birds but the weather was sweet.
Fished again Monday morning same tide and there wasn't anything round for me or anybody else I ran into. Did see 2 coyotes on Morris Island and that probably was a bad omen since thet both crossed in front of my jeep before the first cast! Whats that they say , when a coyote crosses your path your rod will stay limp all day??

-acb
<"))))>{