PDA

View Full Version : Inside the creeks

VAN
05-22-2001, 08:45 PM
I'm counting on you guys for some help please.
Last summer got me wade fishing the salt water on the Cape and BOY - I found out what I was missing! I had a lot of fun fishing a couple of creeks as the tide was moving out at a time of darkness - early evening, nite or very early morning. At first lite the action would shut down for me.
My question is this - if you'd be so kind - If I've had success at the out going tide in the dark - What is happening when the tide is on it's way in, in the dark? It seems to me that things should be reversed and the bass would be following the bait up stream creating some good fishing upstream against the sod banks.
?Am I right or wrong? Please help. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Van

Clark
05-22-2001, 09:33 PM
I find the same action on the incoming tide...like everywhere else 2 hours before and 2 hours after seems the best. However I have fished one creek at dead low tide and found stripers holding in the deep holes...

medic3
05-23-2001, 01:46 PM
fished the incoming tide for two hours to high slack on a south cape tidal creek last night, took 4 on the swing on a rip at a bend in the creek, fish stacked up taking bait in the flow. you have to try when and where you can, the fish are usually there