PDA

View Full Version : (FF)The Skinny on the Piscatatqua skinny water

T.Phillips
06-22-2001, 11:46 AM
Got out this AM in the dark and fog at the mouth of the Piscataqua. Had a great time in ankle deep water watching fish tailing in less than a foot of water oblivious to my presence only 15 feet away. Three Hookups with a super thin sand eel fly but couldn't seel the deal on any of them (hook kept popping out after first run). Fun stalking them anyway.

FYI Saw loads of silversides.

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

jfaherty
06-22-2001, 12:20 PM
Is that accessable by foot. What is the best way out. How about crab patterns in that skinny water?

T.Phillips
06-22-2001, 01:02 PM
The area is marginally accessable by foot and at low tides only. A quick look at a nuatical chart will help you in both locating, and navigating the area. As you may know, access at the mouth is plentifull from the state park areas.

I have a couple good crab patterns, and thought of trying them but was too busy trying out some sand eel patterns I tied up last night. These seemed to work but I tied them on a bent back/shrimp type hook for upriding hook point and lower profile. I think the profile was so low that I never got good hook penetration and after the first run they tossed it.

Good luck

msiler
06-25-2001, 12:22 AM
Hi T,
Nice post...thanks for keeping us informed. Where were you fishing out of, the Maine or NH side of the mouth? Odiorne, Ft. Foster etc. Sounds like a nice spot to wade...

T.Phillips
06-25-2001, 09:10 AM
I've found both sides good. This happened to be on the Maine side.