PDA

View Full Version : Late Fishwire Addition for North Shore/Nahant-Swampscott

Mark Cahill
09-28-2001, 06:55 PM
I added this one from First Light Anglers to the report but wanted to make sure you guys saw it. <P><FONT FACE="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" SIZE="2"><I>Mark-
Nahant and Swampscott have had some epic feeds the last couple of mornings. Early
in morning the bass have been on the surface devouring peanut bunker. I had a
couple from London out Wednesday and Thursday and we got dozens and dozens of
nice schoolies with a couple of high 20's fish. The largest fish was only 30",
however, the volume of fish was remarkable. Friday morning the action was actually
the best I have seen all week with a huge concentration of fish up in close to
Swampscott harbor and the Nahant Beach. The best part of Wednesday and Thursday
was that once the striper fishing slowed up the blue fishing out off of Nahant,
Egg Rock, was phenomenal as well with nice 6-12lb blues crashing around on the
surface working schools of bunker. The blues generally started to feed as the
tide turned to incoming, which is my favorite tide for blues, and continued for
a couple of hours. I do not know if the blues showed Friday as I had to have my
clients back to the dock around 10:30am. </I></FONT></P><P><I><FONT FACE="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" SIZE="2">Upon
returning to the shop, a couple of customers informed me that Singing and Graves
had gone crazy Friday AM and there have been reports all afternoon of huge swarms
of birds and fish along the Beverly Farms and Prides Crossing Beach, so head for
West and Brackenbury beaches. This is as up to date as it gets and I have not
heard much out of the Essex other than two guides comments mid-week who said it
was either feast or famine with most of the fish up in the Plum Island sound area.
If need weekend updates give the shop a call. </FONT></I></P><P><I><FONT FACE="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" SIZE="2">Thanks,
Derek (978)526-4477 </FONT></I><FONT FACE="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" SIZE="2"></FONT></P>

<font face="Monotype Corsiva, sans serif" size="3" color="#0000FF">Mark Cahill<BR>Editorial Director, <a href="http://www.reel-time.com"><b><i>Reel-Time</a