PDA

View Full Version : Montauk Today or recently?

Albiemanmike
10-02-2001, 10:52 AM
I wondering if anybody out there could give me a heads up on the Montauk scene in the last couple of days or today if you were there. I am planning a trip over from CT. either tomorrow or Thurs. and would really appreciate a quick yes/no whether it is worth the trip. I will be bringing a friend from NJ and don't want him to make a long wasted trip, can plan for another day if advisable. I am not looking for where and when just is there bait and fish there to make the trip at least worth the effort. I know that before the storm it was pretty good but all bets are off at this point.

Thanks........Tightlines........................St riper

jpuris
10-02-2001, 12:06 PM
YES!!!!!...you will get some shots from the beach if you put in the time..... but if you go with a guide it will be amazing

dondkim
10-02-2001, 02:16 PM
So did you go out with Paul Dixon last weekend?

martinatpw
10-02-2001, 02:40 PM
I'm looking to do the same thing. Lets hope people have been out there today. The albies might have moved on, but we'll have to wait to hear. I suppose the bass should still be there in earnest. The one reply to your post was a beach fisherman.. I want the rips report and Montauk light story from today.. Perhaps we can call that guide that he mentioned?

jpuris
10-02-2001, 03:07 PM
Hey Don...I did....and what a Day! The conditions were rough but the fishing (Albie fishing that is) could not have been better. There were a few Bass on the surface but it was 98% Albies and 2% blues and bass. One of the best days I have had in a very long time.....What's up with you?

dondkim
10-02-2001, 04:02 PM
Hi Jason, I may venture out to Cape Cod this weekend. Be well, don

martinatpw
10-02-2001, 04:25 PM
Hi, where were you? Were you out in front by the lighthouse or other side? I'm anxious to go so I need more feedback? What were the tides? Thanks a lot. Sean.

Albiemanmike
10-03-2001, 01:59 AM
Martin I sent you an e-mail regarding up to date reports out at the point, check em' out, sounds good to me.

Tightlines...........................Striper

Albiemanmike
10-03-2001, 02:31 AM
Never mind I guess the e-mail you have under your profile is no good. I have some current reports from the point if you would like to read them shoot me an e-mail.
Tightlines........................Striper