PDA

View Full Version : R I SOUTH COUNTRY

carpff
11-04-2001, 09:47 AM
Anything happening on the beaches Charleston,
Quonny, Weekapaug, East Beach and or Naptree? Is
the wind and swell favorable to a wading flyrodder?
What is the weather prediction for this week in the
area? Wind? Anything happening in the ponds?

Carpff

allblues
11-04-2001, 10:05 AM
Fished the ebb yesterday 11/3 at Weekapaug (11AM - 3PM). Birds were working well out of casting range. When it looked as if they might come in close, the coconut telegraph kicked in and the beach became shoulder to shoulder with both fly and spincasters. Alas that never happened and I did not see a single fish caught, and the crowd eventually dispersed. Someone speculated they were bonita since bass or blues would have driven the bait to shore. I don't know. Pretty nice day though.

StriperHound
11-04-2001, 01:14 PM
Fished Charlestown Breachway this morning, Sunday before it got light. Rat bass at your feet on the beach to the left of the jetty. A fish on every cast until the sun broke the horizon then it was over. Nothing bigger than 20 inches but tons of fun on 1/2 oz white bucktail with red porkrind. A weighted closer in white probably would of did the trick if I had my flyrod with me. Also hit Pt Judith on the way home same thing, good supply of schoolies on poppers.

notime
11-04-2001, 07:01 PM
Fished Quonnie a lot and Weekapaug a little this Weekend. Nothing for surfcasters. There were some schools offshore but no runs in close when I was at the beach. This was true on Sat late AM, Sat PM, Sunday AM, and Sunday PM. Note, I did not fish after-dark. It was the most quite I've seen in at least a month (for both fish and fisherman). Still enough schools offshore that I don't think its over, just a very dissappointing weekend.

docofthebay
11-04-2001, 08:51 PM
thanks for the reports...doc