PDA

View Full Version : Heading out to Montauk in June

StriperSniper
03-06-2002, 09:29 AM
Everyone,
I may be heading out to Montauk this June and looking for some info on some the local spots for Stripers/Blues. I know I can always head out to the Lighthouse but I'm looking for something alittle more out of the way.
I'm also open to hiring a guide for a 1/2 day wading trip so if anybody has any info on guides I'd appreciate it.

Tightlines,
StriperSniper

jpuris
03-06-2002, 11:51 AM
Contact Bill Wetzel...He is the best shore gude around. I have not been out with him (yet) but have talked with him and follow his reports on another board. He will put you into fish out east.

http://longislandsurffishing.com

ikarus47
03-07-2002, 06:22 PM
Another option is Jean-Luc, he has a sparsely dressed fly shop at 400 Montauk Highway (Rt 27) between Easthampton and Amagansett. Fly fishes only, as far as I know, charged me 300 for 4+ hours, had a nice nightime outing.

http://www.saltwatersuperflies.com/

Andreas.

ikarus47
03-07-2002, 09:51 PM
Jean-Luc's "Deadly Flash" fly deserves it's name, ask any striper out there....

Andreas.

StriperSniper
03-12-2002, 08:29 AM
Thanks Everybody for the info......I'm sure who ever I choose they'll get me into some fish

StriperSniper

cgeminski
04-05-2002, 07:42 AM
Try Scott Gaeckle, Alcyon Sportfishing and Light Tackle CHarters, (631) 287-3264. He is one of the best guides on the east end and spends a lot of time on the water... you wont be disapointed.

cgeminski
04-05-2002, 07:45 AM
You can also fish from the shore at Gin Beach, Shagwong Point, Stepping Stones, etc. If you are in the Hamptons, I guide wading trips in the Southampton area, Shinnecock Bay for stripers and blues. I also do kayak fishing trips... Email me at Geminikin@aol.com if you are interested.

Chris
NYS Licensed Guide

joshr
04-05-2002, 10:45 AM
If you're coming in June, you should consider sightfishing the flats in Gardiners Bay instead of, or in addition to, doing the Montauk thing. There are lots of good guides--Paul Dixon, David Blinken, Amanda Switzer, Jim Levison, Ernie Fench et. al. You'll meet your guide only about 25 mins. from Montauk, and the flats and shoals in the Bay are absolutely beautiful and provide great shallow water sightfishing. And there's plenty of surface busting fish--blues and bass--in the rips and eeper bay waters too if you decide you want some easier action.

--Josh