PDA

View Full Version : Hudson River Striper Seminar

RJ
04-02-2002, 06:26 AM
Certified Marine Services, Connelly, NY (south of Kingston, NY)
is hosting a striped bass seminar on Sunday, April 7, 2002 between 11 am and 5 pm. Cost: $12.00 per person (includes buffet) Local and regional Rivermen will discuss techniques on Downrigging, live lining, flatlining with cut bait, river access and Hot Spots for Stripers. NYC/DEC will be there to discuss spawning run regulations. Call Sharon Jones at (845) 339-3060 or e-mail her at saltyshar@aol.com for directions.

I went to the one the Dutchess Co. Sportsmens Federation sponsored last week and picked up a ton of tips on fishing the Hudson for striped bass. This one coming up should be as good. The CMS Marina is located smack in the middle of the bass spawning grounds near the Esopus Flats. This will be a bait, plug and spoon seminar, but I've expect that a fair amount of flyfishermen will attend, just to learn the river in this area. I'm going for that purpose. Flyfishing the Hudson for striped bass during their annual spawning run is the most under utilized opportunity in the Northeast. RJ:cool:

mikev
04-02-2002, 11:46 AM
Thanks RJ for the news about the seminar. I have to check my plans, but I will try to be there. I live very close to there
and have fished those areas for stripers but it will be interesting to learn others opinions of where to fish. I am
hoping enough FFers show up and ask questions. This is the first season for me with a boat so I hope to be able to reach a few old fishing grounds that I used to be able to walk to, but metro north put a stop to. The fish are only a few weeks away, and my boat is coming out of hybernation this week!