PDA

View Full Version : South Rhody Report?

docofthebay
05-16-2002, 07:54 AM
Looking for South Rhody Reports Naps over to Quonny. thanks doc of the bay

nhursh
05-16-2002, 10:17 AM
We plan on fishing southern RI shore and beach areas next week. We usually have pretty good success along Matunick, Watch Hill, etc on this weekend. I haven't heard anything yet about shore fishing in these areas this year. Must mean that the fishing is great and everyone is out with bent rods. Oh yes, the Charlstown breachway usually fishes well too. Last year we had no luck with stripers in the breachway, but had a great bite with shad. Active fish and lots of them. If you hear aything about these areas, would appreciate a post.
Norm

notime
05-16-2002, 04:17 PM
I hope to make it down this weekend and will post my results. According to the NE Fisherman Magazine the breachways in Quonnie and Charlestown are doing well. I was hoping to try for a worm hatch but the weather does not seem to want to cooperate for this weekend.

rockfisherman
05-16-2002, 09:25 PM
Doc, Notime,

there was a swarm last weekend. See the yak board. Fish were extremely selective. Hope for warm days and sunny skies. The water is still too cold for a good one.

R'man

bobber
05-17-2002, 01:56 PM
was at Weekapug last night for the last of the in and top of the outgoing... and nothing to show for it. a local cop stopped by round 4am to tell me the boats are doin well on the reefs and the Race, but it didn't help me any...