PDA

View Full Version : sandwich creek 6/27-28.

Paul Cheever
06-28-2002, 04:42 PM
am out going tide thurs.and friday 4 to 5 lb blues,stripers between 16 to 26 inches. Friday one very large striper well into backing ,I had the drag set fairly loose so I tried applying a little more pressure by cupping the reel and more pressure with my index finger ,bad (STUPID) mistake all I achieved was a line burnt into my finger,two lines burnt into the palm of my hand and #4 clouser tied hook bent almost straight back.I never saw her (I'm triing to keep fish of a life time out thoughts of my head).

bluewatr
06-28-2002, 05:00 PM
I often palm the reel when fighting albies. I always keep my drag slightly loose. When I set the hook it is not from the reel anyways so doesnt matter. Just want it somewhat tight to avoid backlash. When i get a feel for how strong the fish is I tighten accordingly. Ya watch out for the backing. It will saw right through your skin... oweee....

-mike

bdowning
06-28-2002, 05:00 PM
Good to hear some decent sized fish are still hanging in there. I may try part of the incoming late tomorrow night.

-bd

sage fly guy
06-29-2002, 09:00 PM
Paul

Sandwich area is kind of a foreign land to me. Quick directions to area without being specific on your hot spots would be greatly appreciated. Parking????

THANKS

Bob Parsons
06-30-2002, 05:01 PM
Sage do what I do...

Get one of those cape map books.

look at the pages for Sandwich and...

Voila!!! Scorton Creek and Sandwich Harbor

Now you get to include the fun of exploring.