PDA

View Full Version : blues north of Connimicut Light

patience
07-31-2002, 01:24 PM
I have been out the past two nights and there have been blues blitzing north of Connimicut light all the way up to RIYC. I have tried to go deep below to find stripers and got some hits, but nothing definite. It is best to be patient and wait, rather than chasing them like the other yahoos do. I am planning a trip out to the Block this weekend and have heard there are some schoolie bluefin. Does anyone have any ideas?

smallboat4
07-31-2002, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the report, Patience. What size range were the blues? Went out last week and found and hooked a lot of fish (good) but they were in the 1-3# class (bad). Luckily, we brought a couple of freshwater bass rods in case this happened. Thanks.

Jaws
08-01-2002, 10:46 AM
Definitely tons of small blues, 2-4#, in upper Narragansett bay right now. Caught one after another all evening long last night from the yak; a beautiful night it was!

patience
08-01-2002, 12:57 PM
I think I may have seen you out there Jaws, just north of the Light near sunset. It was a beautiful night. I was out there last night and did not see much action. I was up in Bristol cove for some steamers. Great sunset though.

Jaws
08-02-2002, 11:26 AM
Probably someone else, Patience, since I was more south of Rumstick. I was in a yellow kayak......