PDA

View Full Version : Big Rubba

big_steve
10-07-2002, 08:21 PM
Please explain in detail (Canal Men)
Where when and how? Rigging? rod, line? leader , hook(s)? rigging.

I want to catch a 50 pounder:D
What is a "big rubba"? (it is one of those big rubber things)
Thank you

Bob Parsons
10-07-2002, 09:27 PM
Trolling are we????

If serious the search feature will get you all the information you need to fish canal. Too get 50# add rocks to your scale.

BobG
10-07-2002, 09:46 PM
mike,

IMHO, i think you may have to wait a few more years before you take a 50 in the canal. i'm betting there hasn't been one taken in well over 10 years. hell, my last 50 in the canal was sometime around 1976!

ok, now for your question, what is big rubba. the readers digest version is as follows.

big rubba is any of the new generation of large plastic baits. 9" slug-go, 10" fin-s, various power baits. they are usually fished on a lead head in weights ranging from 1-5oz, depending on canal location and stage of tide.
(i hope he ain't trolling either):D

big_steve
10-07-2002, 10:36 PM
I live in Brockton and like (love) to fish in the canal. I fish in the west end and catch fish (sometimes I even get a good size one) but I am looking to diversify my fish hunting technique. I've caught many large bass on bait fished on the bottom and Gibbs poppers/jigs/Kastmasters/eels but never fished sluggo's . Any more information is appreciated.

Thanks
:)

bdowning
10-08-2002, 07:12 AM
Steve,

If you scuba dive, no need to buy any. Just pick all of mine off the bottom! Not that I'd suggest an illegal activity in the Canal :rolleyes:.

-bd