PDA

View Full Version : Flat Wing

joe wojtan
10-09-2002, 09:20 PM
Having fun posting
Here is a fly that's been getting a lot of notice, its something that Ken Abrames made populor.
If I'm boring anyone let me know and I will stop.
joe
Screwd up, will try again later

Quicksilver
10-10-2002, 04:28 PM
Please, I hope we don't forget Bill Peabody.

joe wojtan
10-10-2002, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Quicksilver
Please, I hope we don't forget Bill Peabody. [/QUOTE

Never Never, will I forget bill, I spoke to him a few months before we lost him.
A few weeks after our conversation, in the mail I had a package from him with a bunch of Bill's Body Braid in differant color, that will last me for a long time, and every time I use the material, i relive our last conversation.
joe

Quicksilver
10-10-2002, 09:43 PM
I don't remember the first time I saw him, I ran into him a few times. The memories that stand out were one time when I saw him at a show tying for The Saltwater Edge. I saw him right after he had finished tying a flatwing. I think he was taking a break there sitting at the vise. As we were talking he turned around behind him and pulled one of his flies out of a drawer and gave it to me. He sort of apologized, said wish he could give me more than one but he needed to have some to fish with. I was shocked. First fly I ever received from a recognized tier. I remember him offering to mail me his body braid. He was upset that a shop that he sold braid to was repackaging the material and selling half as much for twice the price. Later, when he was ill I purchased a fly rod from him at a Cross Roads Anglers meeting. When I caught a 24" bonefish in Islamorada with the rod I thought of Bill. A kind, sweet soul indeed! Welcome aboard Joe.