PDA

View Full Version : Walden report

ahsmith
10-16-2002, 11:30 AM
Hit Walden Pond last night for an hour or so before the gates closed. A few fish (including one very large carp) were hitting very small midges on the surface, but nothing consistent. No hookups for me, but I ran into another fly fisherman who managed a brown, a few rainbows, and a few smallmouth all on a slowly retrieved nymph. Saw a few bait soakers near the beach but they caught noithing while I was there. I think a canoe and a sinking line might get you into a some nice fish.

The water is definitely cooling off, but I would guess it was still in the low 60's in the shallows.

ahs

Sentience
10-16-2002, 11:45 AM
great. i am going to check it out in the next few days. last time i was there the same thing was going on. i was thinking of trying slow retrieve nymphs, but i saved it.

ahsmith
10-16-2002, 12:06 PM
I may do the same, tomorrows forecast is looking pretty nice.

Good luck!
ahs

notime
10-16-2002, 03:24 PM
Do you guys know what the hours of operation are at this time of year?

ahsmith
10-16-2002, 09:29 PM
The boat launch parking lot gate opens at 5:30 am and closes at 6:00 pm. The regular lot opens at 8:00 and closes at 6 or 6:30. From 5:00 am to 8:00 am you are allowed to park at the reservation headquaters (a few hundred feet past the regular lot).

ahs