View Full Version : Wet sanding fiberglass

01-10-2000, 01:36 PM
I have seen the term 'wet sanding' many times and I'm not really clear on what it means. Is it a special kind of sandpaper that is used wet or is it using regular sandpaper on a wet surface? Any details will be appreciated.


Mark Cahill
01-11-2000, 09:44 AM
Yes, there is a special paper for wet sanding. My best advice is if you haven't wet sanded before, get some one to show you. Gelcoat is not the place to be learning on your own.

It's generally a black fine grit paper that is wetted with soapy water to create a slurry affect. You sand the areaa, then buff it out with several different polishes.

Mark Cahill<BR><BR>Editorial Director, <a href="http://www.reel-time.com">Reel-Time.com</a><BR><BR><marquee><font face="'comic sans ms'" color="red">Will fish for food...</font></marquee>