PDA

View Full Version : Derek Hutchinson, Goose Hummock

ruge13
12-18-2002, 08:38 AM
Just though some might be interested. Derek Huchinson will be at the Goose Hummock in May for a workshop and detication of the Cape Cod water trail At the Goose hummock shop in Orleans.He and others will be involved in workshops and Demos for 3 days.
goose hummock description (http://www.goose.com/coastalwaters/index.htm)

SamRiley
12-18-2002, 10:44 AM
Great Find Shaun :)
No way I'm missing this one.

RJ
12-29-2002, 02:05 PM
I might be interested! The Orlean Holiday Motel is within walking distance and the rates that weekend are $64 single $74 couple.
The "Egg & I" breakfast rest. is right next door too. Several rest. are also within walking distance of motel.

Rooms are clean and large.

It's also a short drive for the shuttle to Monomoy from Chatham. Hmmmm. Schoolies anyone!

Squires Pub on late Saturday afternoon! Cocktails, anyone?

I'll check the nearby camping options too!

RJ

Happy New Year Everyone! :-%

May you all hit POWER BALL
in 2003 for at least the minimum of $100,000.

--127-3- --127-3- --127-3-

PS

Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort

www.sweetwaterforest.com

Tent sites w/ Water and Elec hook ups $25.00 a night for a family of four.

Just off Rte 124 in Brewster just north of Route 6. 60 Acres with freshwater pond.

Eskimo Rolls, anyone! Probably 8 to 10 miles from Goose Hummock in Orleans, MA.

Schoolies should be on the flats at Monomoy that week end!

Lotsa time to tie small olive and white Clousers.

yobsvt,

RJ :cool:

Wes
02-12-2003, 11:18 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if you were to see this if you go. This from a post by Peter Strand on the Connyak board.

He posted:
"Greenland Storm Kayak" no ribs, no chines. About 19 feet by 19 inches by 8 inches depth to shear. No rocker. 4 inch gunwales 5 inch deadrise. 3/4 inch floorboard on top of the 1 inch keel to sit directly on. Tracks straight, goes straight, rolls well, did I say it goes straight? Yes, If you can roll, you may paddle it.

ruge13
03-03-2003, 09:00 AM
If you are thinking about going this weekend and getting in any of the seminars you have to sign up and fill out a form now available on the web site above. I called and spoke to Derek Hilner at Goose hummock. He seemed to think the classes would fill up quickly given the small class size.