PDA

View Full Version : Plymouth Harbor

Mark Cahill
02-26-2003, 09:20 AM
Plymouth Harbor offers a concrete ramp capable of launching 2-3 boats at a time. Generally in good condition and accessible at all stages of the tide, although at the lowest stages, it is extremely slick and probably only 4wd should be used.

Parking is excellent, but is overused by tourists during primetime. Expect to wait to launch or recover on the weekend, expecially in the morning and late afternoon.

A fair crowd of people watching the launch ramp antics at peak times may give rookies stage fright...have your wits about you and be have everything ready to go when it's your turn.

Click here for a map in pdf format (http://www.state.ma.us/dfwele/pab/pabpdfs/PAB-2.PDF)

PeterSorensen
03-23-2003, 08:21 AM
The tourists have been moved off the ramp in Plymouth. During May/June/July/Aug/Sept/Oct there is a $5 fee. Season pass available at town hall for $50 per season. It is a great ramp and worth the $5 to launch.

fishsmith
03-24-2003, 10:02 AM
I agree that plymouth is a good ramp, but without docks to tie off to once the boat is launched it slows the process to a crawl of getting people in and out.
I've heard rumor that they will have docks this year.

PeterSorensen
03-24-2003, 05:47 PM
Yes, the plan is to have docks this year. If the state is paying for it we may have problems with Mit taking the money away.:(

Duane A
05-24-2003, 09:13 AM
Hi guys I agree that Plymouth is a very nice ramp,BUT- they added a Fee($5) this year and last to to put in docks or a finger slip.Seems the only finger we are gonna get is from the State,the ramp moniter told me no docks becouse of the States financial woes,but where is the money going?
Tight Lines
Buster

Squidly
05-28-2003, 07:52 PM
Any perks if your are a Plymouth resident? Any other ramps anyone would recommend for Cedarville section of Plymouth? I am new to the area. Thanks

Manomartian
10-31-2004, 12:29 PM
Hi Newbie to the boards here.........
An article in the Old Colony Memorial (Plymouths local rag) said that 75K has been targeted and that a new floating dock will be up in the spring of 2005............. room for 4 to 6 boats at a time.... Good news

Flying Scotsman
10-31-2004, 03:10 PM
Any perks if your are a Plymouth resident? Any other ramps anyone would recommend for Cedarville section of Plymouth? I am new to the area. Thanks

No PErks if you're a resident but try the Sandwich ramp next year, it's close to Cedarville, costs $8 per launch our $100 for a season pass.

Good luck!
TFS

manomet
07-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Well for those who have not heard the docks are in. --127-3-

It's a little different then say, the sandwich ramp as the docks are a short distance away from the bottom of the ramp. This means you will need to motor off the ramp, tie up and walk up and around the gang way to get back to your rig if launching by yourself. But wife loved not having to get wet.

Regardless it sure to be a great improvement. There seems to be room for at least 4 - 5 boats in the 20ft range.

Rhumbline
06-25-2013, 08:00 PM
Update on the ramp...

I used the ramp on Satuday afternoon 6/22/2013 - one hour before full moon low.

Ramp is in very good shape, low tide had no impact on ability to launch.

Nice couertesy dock.

Still $5 to use ramp - machine operated - exact change required - machine will gladly take larger bills - just will not return change.

Plenty of parking

Ramp is at least two cars wide.

Cheers