PDA

View Full Version : 5/24 Early AM

kkbward
05-13-2003, 03:31 PM
I am trying sneak out of Mom and Dad's place in Beverly at dawn to cast a little. They are really close to dane street beach (a couple of blocks). its a family trip with wife and daughter along, so i have to make it close-by so i can be back as they are all waking up...

i see it looks to be an incoming tide. any tips on an easy spot to walk/short drive to that fishes well on this tide?

my initial thoughts (looking at a yahoo map of the area)....ds beach? lynch park? mccabe park? gillis park? just picking the parks so i know it has public access...

as usual, your help is much appreciated...

brian

sgiunach
05-13-2003, 08:22 PM
Those spots can be fine normal years...this has not been a normal year up to now and fish may still be concentrated in the river systems. Tide is a bit off but you might try danvers river which is near were your staying. check your map for the Kernwood Golf course. either side up river from the bridge can work although I prefer it on a dropping tide there. If your still not sure take a ride up 127 to First Light Anglers in Manchester by the hyphen, buy a fly or two, and ask Nat

kkbward
05-13-2003, 10:20 PM
very nice...thanks for the tip.

do i even have a hope with an incoming? it figures my outgoing tides are mid day and mid night. i have to plan these trips better. :p

WildmanSpecial
05-14-2003, 07:25 AM
About Dane Street beach -- it is pretty flat for wading and on the outgoing you can have a good shot at reaching the channel where sometimes the fish hold. Also the Bass River (park at Enon Park) in Ryle Side can be a good spot for wading and fishing this time of year. I agree -- go up to First Light for some spots where the fishing has been productive.

I haven't seen any signs of life yet on the North Shore though...

Good luck!