PDA

View Full Version : Buoys off Wasque?

mdrew9
06-09-2003, 11:18 AM
If your standing on Wasque and look straight out south, there are two buoys looks to be like a mile out. They are green and red. Any idea what they are or what numbers they are?
Mike

Bob Parsons
06-09-2003, 12:00 PM
There are a lot of shoals out there, and the cans are marking the port and starboard sides to the very deep channel through them.

Sentience
06-09-2003, 12:12 PM
i saw a bunch of boats about a mile off of east beach and later near those buoys on saturday and sunday. was anyone out there? i have to guess the fishing was pretty good there for that cluster to happen. maybe not. the beach fishing wasn't that great those days but has been very good on certain days. i've seen a lot of big bass come out of the water this year on chappy. a women next to me caught a 42" 26lb. bass last week. that was in the daylight on surface lures too.

mdrew9
06-09-2003, 03:04 PM
This week was kinda terrible for me, I had one day at Wasque where I got my limit with blues, but I really wanted some bass. Big bass. I will probably get out alittle later this week. I will look into fishing around the buoys some more keep me posted.
Mike

CygnusX-1
06-09-2003, 03:07 PM
Can anyone tell me where is Wasque? I have seen many posts regarding it but not sure where it is.....

CygnusX-1

:-%

Skunk Buster
06-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Wasque is the point on the extreme south east corner of Martha's Vinyard, actually it's Chappaquidick island to be real specific.

mdrew9
06-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Correct, its the corner of east beach and south beach. And is accesible through the reservation, I don't believe you can drive there anymore, due to extreme beach erosion. Speaking of that erosion does anyone know of plans to help that?
Mike

lbac
06-09-2003, 07:17 PM
Channel markers for the narrow part of Muskegat Channel and a welcome target on the way home.

120' deep between those buoys....

bostonbruins477
06-09-2003, 08:47 PM
Lots of big blues off of wasque as of yesterday... and yes you can drive there u just need a pass.... costs 140 bucks i was there yesterday

Makonikey
06-09-2003, 10:20 PM
You do not have to buy a pass to fish the beach at Wasque. You can park in the lot prior to driving on the beach and walk a short distance to the rip. It used to be a heafty walk until the beach washed away and now it's a breeze. Good luck!

--username-deleted--
06-10-2003, 12:02 AM
"...actually it's Chappaquidick island to be real specific."

Yeah, y'know, where our venerable, current US Senator Ted Kennedy (D) ended his date with a young unfortunate named Mary Jo Kopechne once upon a time. As a side note, he simultaneously kissed forever goodbye any chances at a future Presidential bid. Come on, you know, the same one who would see our 2nd Amendment rights relinquished and so on.

But don't get the impression that I'm all **** and vinegar about him; I hear he can be a helluva' good time at keg bashes and the like...You've just got to watch the women.

Leighton

mdrew9
06-10-2003, 01:49 AM
lol nice Ihonda, I got thrown out of Social Studies class for telling my teacher that.
Mike
I am not sure you can drive around Wasque from south beach to East beach, there just ain't enough room for a car anymore.