PDA

View Full Version : serve me cheese with my whine

Tie-Dye-Fly-Guy
07-09-2003, 08:37 AM
fished jetty at high outgoing tide at dane street beach. lots of birds diving for bait. no swirls. kids throwing rocks at me (easy target). fished two hours, threw everything i had and nadda! my first day out of the rivers, the water was nice and i wet waded it. any ideas about how those dredging rigs off shore are affecting the game fish. my thought was that they were stirring up crustaceons and adding to the attraction. perhaps too much and the sax gang are hanging just off shore more in the channell. i will try again but nice still night it was and seemed too fishy to go skunked. the only problem with obsession is the compulsion to go out and do it again. im haunted by imagination and the fact i havent had a keeper on in almost a month. perhaps im glad i remain anonymous as i whine. i will serve cheese with it next time.

BTW i fished pavillion with poppers on mon night. one guy with clams on did well with three keeper fish before i got there. i just thougtht it was sad to watch him run around with 28.0001 inch fish, call it a 30 pounder and watch him try and give it too somebody while the fished starved for air. i told him to throw it back and he looked at me like im the strangest thing hes ever seen. so he kept three fish, and i just wish i had my cell phone to call the idiot wagon to come down and pick this guy up. 40 something guy running around waving a fish like a 5 year old. not cute, just nauseating. jealous? not really I dont think so.

Mark Cahill
07-09-2003, 09:06 AM
Still, after all the years of talking conservation, after fishing them to the brink, we've still got people that think that because they got "a keeper" that means they're required to keep it.

BobG
07-09-2003, 09:28 AM
We're fishing them to the brink all over again.:(

Ray
07-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Bob and Mark,

Your right about the over fishing starting again. The true sad part is that we won't know it for many years!!! The new 2 fish regs and increased comm take doesn't help any. But I really don't want to go down this road again. There are way too many threads on this board and others about it.

Ray

Yozuri-Man
07-09-2003, 09:54 AM
but I have seen many more legal size filleted-up bass carcasses on the shore or in the water this year around some of my spots....hopefully its a coincidence..:(

Ray
07-09-2003, 10:00 AM
I will sat I have already caught and released more legal-size fish this year than all of last year. Most of them have been at an undisclosed location I am known to frequent.

Markymark
07-09-2003, 10:07 AM
No matter what the rules and regulations are, there is always someone out there is going to act dumb on purpose,in other words :" dumb as a fox". Then again, there is not enough enforcements out there to back us up. On the other hand , if you allow them to take 2 keepers, they will think, "okay , what's one more going to hurt? " I think it should be 1 fish, that's it ! A lot of them will believe that," if I can keep 1,I will take 2 " and if I can keep 2, I will take 3 ". In closing, let's all bring a pencil and paper to write down license plate #'s and start reporting these lowlifes to authorities in charge!!!:mad: :mad:

flyfreak
07-09-2003, 10:58 AM
Tye Dye ...you should have run up to the guy, thanking him for giving you the fish....immediately taking it out of his hands....and (accidentally dropping) it right back into the drink.....finishing off the conversation with an emphatic S*#T .....like you're REALLY bummed about the fact that you, ahh-hum.... dropped it.

--username-deleted--
07-09-2003, 02:25 PM
TDFG wrote: "... kids throwing rocks at me (easy target)."

Much like some critters with a fascination for shiny objects, those kids were obviously interested in your lure. You should have let them see it. Give the little charmers a little time to get it out of their system; say, 15 minutes. That'd be about enough time to use a dull pocket knife to cut out a treble deep set in deep behind a knee. Should satisfy the most desperate of young curiosities, one would think.

Kididng, of course, but Christ on ice can a man get no frigging peace? Sorry to hear about that.

Leighton

Mark Cahill
07-09-2003, 02:29 PM
http://www.russianfoods.com/showroom/product01356/vendor003E7/pimages/63C004.jpg

;)