PDA

View Full Version : Bonito are on ACK

David Churbuck
07-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Capt. Lynn Heyer at Cross Rip Outfitters emailed me today:

"Mark your calendar Bones have been caught.The Bonito bar is producing fish, FINALLY. With cool water temps it's taken a little longer for them to show.James Kilmartin and Andrew Mayer were out early this morning and caught two. James caught both.His first on fly. The second one was on a pearl bomber. Capt. Jeff also had a couple on but none to the boat.Capt. Shawn also caught 3 or 4. Flies that worked today were small epoxy patterns, squid patterns and white polar fibre minnows. For spinning tackle pearl Bombers, silver and green Yozuri's and blue and silver Yozuri's. All of the above have proven successful. All available at you know where."

SamRiley
07-31-2003, 12:23 PM
Lets see.... Bonito Bar is 25 miles from Hyannis. Low tide is 9:12am on Saturday. So, if I average 4.5 miles/hour paddling then put-in time should be around 4:00am.

See what you did Dave. Mention the B-word and I go off my rocker :D

ruge13
07-31-2003, 12:27 PM
Sam we hop the ferry to MV and its a short hop....I got nothing to do Saturday...

Ray
07-31-2003, 01:45 PM
Here's another idea.

Go to a boat dealer for a test run. Show up with tackle ready to go. Say you really need to test said boat while fishing for a few hours.

tunnie md
07-31-2003, 02:50 PM
Nantucket ain't the only place they're at...