PDA

View Full Version : music on the water?

RIBill
08-09-2003, 08:36 AM
two summers back, my wife bought me a Jensen stereo for the boat. I've yet to install it.... 2 parts laziness, 1 part concern. my boat is a smallish 15' cc. I'm concerned that the music will be reverbing thru the hull and off every rock within casting distance. anybody have experience catching fish with tunes playing?

separately, I often bring a portable radio to listen to the Sox. I haven't noticed whether it has mattered. I usually place it on a cushioned seat to minimize upsetting the fish with another pitching meltdown.

question is: should I install this stereo or not? all thoughts appreciated.

Bill

Roop
08-09-2003, 08:48 AM
I've found that the sound doesn't really leave the boat - I run 40W per channel over 4 speakers. I've checked the sound outside the boat and can barely hear it.

seank
08-09-2003, 10:08 AM
I was out in Salem Sound last Sunday in thick fog, running slow (thank God for GPS), and heard music over the engine. I cut the engine, and listened to some great funk (AWB-Pick Up The Pieces). Who needs a fog horn? ...must have been the Hannah Glover out of Salem...sound carried well and the sax player and horns were tight...Unfortunately, my line was not...

Why ruin a day fishing listening to the Sox?? Alas, I do the same thing...

Quicksilver
08-09-2003, 04:26 PM
I can tell you what this frugal guy would do. You already have the Jensen. Occasionally while on the water you enjoy listening to the Sox. No brainer - install the Jensen.