PDA

View Full Version : my one shot at the fall run

edsly42
10-10-2003, 01:03 PM
i play college football 100 miles from any salt water and so my fall fishing the past four years has basically been nonexistent except columbus day, the one day where i have both class and practice off. the last 3 years i have gone home for a 36 hour span to fish mostly the areas around scituate. if you seasoned fall veterans were limited to one 36 hr span this wkend where would you go? i appreciate any help. thank you.
ed

flynny
10-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Will you be fishing from the shore or boat? From shore, you can try any of the cliffs in Scituate, Minot's beach, Egypt, Duxbury Beach, green harbor area jetties....it's been hit or miss, but when they are blitzing, I've witnessed acres of bass! Try early morning as the sun rises for best chance. Winds are supposed to kick up on Monday, so Sunday should be better of you can get out.

Tie-Dye-Fly-Guy
10-10-2003, 11:00 PM
dude come to the north shore. like everyone else. cant tell if its the fish or the web, but whole lot of shakin goin on up hear. you might think you are on an elephant safari with all the SUVs rolling skinny tracks of rt 127 looking out to big water with binocs. and yes there they roam, acres of bait and bonfire, and us with our lit match sticks fanning the fire with hasty backcasts as fish blitz between our toes, and rarely make the mistake to taste chartreuse, but one not soon forgotten. good luck gettin out, its been a blast