PDA

View Full Version : mancini(sp)

bigbonita
01-19-2004, 08:56 AM
i was down at the marlboro flyfishing expo on friday and one of the few things that actually caught my eye was this rod being offered by this guy with the last name of mancini (i'm not sure, but his first name may be jeff). he's the same guy that has a couple of videos of striper fishing off montauk, ny. anyway, he had these 4 pc rods that seemed to have a nice feel (no, i didn't actually test one). he said they were high quality rods that he could sell for like half the money (around 250.00) because they were 'factory direct'. is there anyway that could be true or is it another scam? i didn't ask him about the warranty, which i know adds to the cost of a rod. so perhaps that's where the costs are cut. any opinions?
thanks, rich

Vic T
01-19-2004, 01:57 PM
i was down at the marlboro flyfishing expo on friday and one of the few things that actually caught my eye was this rod being offered by this guy with the last name of mancini (i'm not sure, but his first name may be jeff). he's the same guy that has a couple of videos of striper fishing off montauk, ny. anyway, he had these 4 pc rods that seemed to have a nice feel (no, i didn't actually test one). he said they were high quality rods that he could sell for like half the money (around 250.00) because they were 'factory direct'. is there anyway that could be true or is it another scam? i didn't ask him about the warranty, which i know adds to the cost of a rod. so perhaps that's where the costs are cut. any opinions?
thanks, rich

Reputable people warned me against doing business with him last year but I ordered something from him and it was a 3 month battle to get it. Stay away.

bigbonita
01-19-2004, 03:31 PM
Reputable people warned me against doing business with him last year but I ordered something from him and it was a 3 month battle to get it. Stay away.

thanks for the info,
rich

ppatricelli
01-20-2004, 10:47 AM
This might be a different Mancini, but DAN Mancini is a Cape Cod guide who otherwise has a very good reputation.; I wonder if it's the same person. I would hate to see a name mix-up tarnish an innocent person.

Vic T
01-20-2004, 02:20 PM
This might be a different Mancini, but DAN Mancini is a Cape Cod guide who otherwise has a very good reputation.; I wonder if it's the same person. I would hate to see a name mix-up tarnish an innocent person.

You are confusing Dan Marini (a great guy and Chatham guide) with Jeff Mancini (a retailer from Long Island, NY).

ppatricelli
01-21-2004, 07:41 AM
You are confusing Dan Marini (a great guy and Chatham guide) with Jeff Mancini (a retailer from Long Island, NY).

Vic T,
I wasn't confused. I was concerned that others would be because the last name was given without the first. You gave the exact clarification I hoped for, and confirmed what I suspected. Thanks.

Peter Patricelli

Too Fly
01-25-2004, 09:47 AM
I did cast the eight weight and was impressed, but I thought the sales pitch was a bit much and aweful pushy.

The rod retails for $299, but was at a show price of $250. The blanks are from Australia and the rod carried, I believe, a five year warranty for replacement of the rod for $60 or so.

I believe he was a rod designer for Loomis for a number of years. Someone(he did) also mentioned that he helped design the GLX.

MANCINIFISH
02-03-2004, 08:53 PM
thanks, rich

Hi Bigbonita - It is a very small world - many of my fly fishing friends told me there was a posting on this site about my new rods . This is my first time to this site and I hope I am sending this message the right way. My new rods are very Hi quality and are being recived very well, anyone that cast one and knows anything about rods buys one, and we have a great warrentee. We have sold many rods already with very happy customers that know a great deal when they see one - some people have already purchased two or three rods. Everything you talked about in you above message is correct. The rods sell factory direct for $299.00 and they are great - I hope you will judge for your self someday and try one. I will be at the Worcester Show and the Willminton show - come and meet me and try a rod - make your own OPINION - go to my web site , you may feel more comfortable with us then www.eastcoastfisherman.com - thank you very much for your intrust - Jeff Mancini, President