PDA

View Full Version : Sea Run Browns

Punchshot
02-28-2004, 05:08 PM
Anyone please have any information on sea runs @ Scorton Creek - I'm giong Sunday to give it a go - though not expecting too much, just want to get the line wet - I'll be in my yak

juro
02-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Still a little early IMHO, although I haven't done it in a while. I focused upriver, where you would have to be very careful with a yak due to spookage of these cautious fish.

Feeding occurs during off light hours, last hour of daylight and probably night as well.

My best was just under 24" and a fish I won't ever forget, probably 1979 or 1980 back when Ken Reback was actively trying to get anadramous programs promoted in the Sandwich hatcheries. I have no idea what's going on with these programs nowadays.

Other small streams toward Mashpee have good populations as well, again small stream stealth on foot.

Searun brookies are in bayside tribs before the herring choke the brooks, once the herring come in you can see the trout trying to avoid them. I always wondered if the Herring Pond in Bourne was once a local salter pond too, it was a major herring nursery before the ditch

Good luck; this is somewhat of a holy grail fishery but if you succeed it's very satisfying!

Anyone please have any information on sea runs @ Scorton Creek - I'm giong Sunday to give it a go - though not expecting too much, just want to get the line wet - I'll be in my yak