PDA

View Full Version : Rio Line Winder boxes

msiler
03-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Just like the Rio Line Winder boxes. Can be used on their own or interchangably with the Rio boxes and spools.

5 for $11
10 for $20
$5 Shipping anywhere in the lower 48
I accept Personal Checks and Money Orders and Paypal

E-mail me for photos or if you have questions: msiler_99@yahoo.com

Or view them on E-bay Search for: "Fly Line Winder"

Vic T
03-10-2004, 08:59 AM
I use them regularly and find them very convenient;easy to store or take on a trip to hold additional lines. Very quick to install lines from these holders if you use loop-to-loop connections.

pda
03-10-2004, 01:03 PM
Anyone here use these line storage boxes?
What are your thoughts on them?
I love them. I use them for cleaning and storing lines.

ikan besar
03-11-2004, 10:50 AM
they are great, but before you spend what those things cost (and I used to buy them in fly shops like everyone else...). Check out the Fuji 16mm film boxes. You may be SHOCKED at the similarity :rolleyes: ....and they cost something like $20 for 100 of them --127-3-

The 16mm film boxes only come in black, and have no crank hole in them, but they are otherwise IDENTICAL. Best of all, a lifetime supply is only about $20 (two years ago anyway). I wasn't using the crank to load line in the Rio boxes anyway, so the switch was really easy.

You can get them through Modern Business Systems, ph. 919.781.8930

good luck :)

msiler
03-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Lots of them for sale very inexpensively...see this e-bay listing or better yet contact me directly use the e-mail below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3666255046

-Matt-
msiler_99@yahoo.com

ikan besar
03-15-2004, 02:55 PM
so the request for peoples opinions was a lead-in to pitching an eBay auction?!

msiler
03-15-2004, 03:15 PM
so the request for peoples opinions was a lead-in to pitching an eBay auction?!

Actually it was not meant that way...long story but I have been debating using these for a while now. I have been using 2 boxes for 2 years now and really liked them. The expense kept my from buying lots of them though ($9 each in fly shops).

I found a place I could purchase 100 boxes and spools at a time relatively inexpensively (the shipping cost almost as much as the boxes!!!). I put the order on hold and was going to wait for some user feedback, see if there was something i was missing about using them (hence my post)...the company shipped me the order. I kept 20, friends took another 20 or so and the rest are up for sale (pretty cheap as well - 5 boxes for $11 or 10 boxes for $20 plus $5 shipping)

ikan besar
03-15-2004, 05:39 PM
yeah, I bought a full box of 100 of those as well. Never realized how many 100 really were until you start filling them and then it becomes clear that 100 fly lines are a whole LOT OF FLY LINES! I've given away as many as I can, but even my friends have too many now!

Problem is, fly lines eventually wear out, and then I just re-use the same box and put a new label on it. I did give up on using the crank though, I found it easier and faster to wind it on by hand.

Good luck selling them :)

Bonefish Jim
04-14-2004, 01:50 AM
Matt,
If you store a fly line in a closed environment (box), it has to be perfectly dry or you might get mould, which will destroy it. I use a smart spooler to store my lines on. It has a bigger diameter and the lines are nice and vented.
Bonefish Jim