PDA

View Full Version : Squanacook Report - 04/04/04

PAX
04-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Made the trip to the Squanacook river with my buddy Steven despite common sense telling us to say home after such a deluge. Water was very high and murky and current quite strong. Tried all the bridges with wooly buggers, nymphs and spin rod to no avail. We finally decided to do what we keep talking about but never do: scouting new spots. We found a few that look very promising. Can't wait to cast a dry red quill there. :)

twillirish
04-09-2004, 05:55 AM
I tried the Squannacook on Sunday too. I went in off Townsend Road on the east side. What had been a great freestone run the week before had turned into a major river by Sunday.

Has anyone been back since?

Thanks.
Scott

biggberd04
04-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Didn't get a chance to see what the river was like last week, but its definitely fishable now. Went behind Sterilite with no luck, and also to the section of river accessable by Shirely Road. No luck either there either for me, but then again I'm a relative beginner. Saw about four or five other guys there, and two of them (spin fishermen) had caught two 'bows. Last thing, exactly where do they stock fish in Witch Brook? It's on the stocking report, but I bushwhacked for a half hour and saw only once rather sketchy looking beaver pond (there were houses all around it).