PDA

View Full Version : Fly shops in Palm Beach

Rdubya
05-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know of some great fly shops in Palm Beach county?, I lived there for ten years but focused on the offshore shops and now that i am getting into fly fishing I would like to find some shops to buy in and ask questions. Any suggestions? Also does any have a good guide recommendations for a newbie fly fisherman?

jet35a
05-07-2004, 07:24 AM
Hard to believe no one has posted a reply. There is a shop in downtown Palm Beach, right near Flagler Park, Dewing's Fly and Gun shop. I stopped in for flats shoes, got some good advice, they are willing to talk even to a yankee.

Rdubya
05-07-2004, 07:36 AM
Thanks I know where Dewing's is they have an awesome rifle collection there but i will ga and check ou the fly fishing section.

Jed
05-07-2004, 03:51 PM
The Old Florida Shop is a nice one. Haven't been there in a year or two, but they were always helpful.

Their link is:

http://www.oleflorida.com/guides.html

jed

jpuris
05-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Dewings Fly & Gun Shop is great! I have not been in a few years but they are very helpful.

WakesandTails
06-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Another vote for Ole Florida Fly Shop in Boca.The owner,Darren, is extremely knowledgable and easy to talk to.If you'd like to do some great nighttime snook or tarpon fishing in the W.P.B./Boynton/Boca area, or if bones,permit,tarpon classic sight fishing interests you ,Check out www. turtlegrasscharters.com