PDA

View Full Version : South Cape shoals?

Yanni
05-12-2004, 07:11 AM
Did anyone have any luck at Pompo bay, Waqoit or the Shoals at the South side recently? Thanks in advance.
Yannis

Yozuri-Man
05-12-2004, 07:21 AM
uuuuhhhhh, Yes!!
There are fish all over the south side, I repeat, all over, inside & out.

Finesse
05-12-2004, 09:05 AM
Fished from Woods Hole out to Cotuit last wednesday, and got fish from 15 to 24 inches. We moved around a lot, which seemed to work out well. When we found fish, they were agressive, and when they moved on, so did we. Judging from the reports, bigger fish have moved in as well...Last week, warmer water was fishing better

Perch
05-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Had a few smallish schoolies at Waquoit today on the outgoing. Saw a fly rodder on the jetty get one. I was in the green Contender. Later I found some big flocks of terns along the islands outside Woods Hole. Got some more schoolies there, but they were tough. Not sure what they were eating, but they didnít like chartreuse Clousers or white Albie Whores that well. Middle Ground was dead. Poppy dead. The shoals dead. Old Silver Beach dead. West Falmouth Harbor dead, but I was there at dead low.

jaybo
05-13-2004, 06:00 PM
I was at Cotuit on Tuesday, a beautiful day and an even beter sunset with a high tide at around 730pm. Not a blasted thing was happening except for the wind dying down. I yaked from the narrows down to Origon beach and back with only two very light taps and buku spider crabs for my trouble. The water was warm and there were other yaks about but no fish. I know the rivers are full of Herring but it seems that the fish were dining elsewhere, I did see a few terns however.
Cheers, Jaybo. :-%

mendy
05-13-2004, 10:08 PM
Fished way up inside Cotuit this afternoon out of the kayakon the start of the incoming. All the schoolies to 22" one could want...

John

Carl G
05-17-2004, 02:14 PM
I was on the shoals outside off Pomp yesterday, Blue Regulator, fished for litterly 20 minutes 41" and 36" Stripers on a Rebel with a metal leader. I thought I'd grab a couple of blues I was stunned when I pulled in 2 Stripers.

Yanni
05-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I will try to go Friday and I will report back if I make it. Any additional news about the Shoal area would be appreciated!

Yannis

Yanni
05-24-2004, 11:52 AM
I went last Friday (10am-1:30pm). It was cold! Caught only a couple of schoolies of Waquit. Nothing at the shoals. Anyone else had better luck?

Yannis

jared
05-24-2004, 01:03 PM
I was out Friday as well...loads of blues on the flats. Never had to venture out towards the shoals!

Sounds like we left the water @ the same time....there was a boat that was pulling just before me @ Mashpee Neck...was that you?

-jared

casual dress
05-24-2004, 01:20 PM
I was at waquoit on saturday. Real foggy. My 12 year old son caught >20 schollies on 6" slugos. A friend I took along did about the same thing. Better bass outside of Eel Pond. I didn't fish that much but got a few on the fly.
Went out of Plimouth on sunday. Fish not really in here yet. We dug out 3 or 4 schoolies.

Roland----

Yanni
05-24-2004, 02:56 PM
Jared, it might have been me. My boat is a whaler 17'. If that was you, I asked you if you had any luck/blues and you responded positively. We trolled for a while at the flats in front of Poponesset with no luck. Where did you fish?

Yannis

jared
05-24-2004, 03:30 PM
(you folks were unloading a ton of gear!)

That was me. (Yellow Pathfinder). I fished the flats off Poppy and Cotuit.

-j