PDA

View Full Version : Please help adopt Pointer

Jacob K.
05-25-2004, 03:33 PM
After 5 months of trying other routes, I decided to appeal to RT for a bit of help:

My girlfriend has had her dog for a little over 2 years, and unfortunately she needs to find a new home. Reeba is a 3.5 year old pointer mix. She was originally adopted from Buddy Dog when she was about one year old. Reeba is a wonderfully energetic dog and sadly does not get the exercise and attention she needs living in Brookline. My girlfriend is a school teacher and Reeba gets very bored home all day alone and thus a little mischievous.

Buddy Dog said that Reeba was a German Wirehaired Pointer, but after much internet searching we think that she may be a rare breed called Pudelpointer. This type of dog is bread specifically for hunting. Having spent a lot of time playing and running and exploring with her, I can tell you that Reeba really is a very intelligent dog who would make a great hunting dog.

Reeba has amazing amount of energy. She would be perfect for someone who stays at home and has a large fenced in yard. She will be at your side all day long, whether you are running, fishing, hunting, or sleeping. She likes rain, sun, cold; you name it she is willing and ready to go outside. She is fully house trained. Reeba can get aggressive with some dogs, so her new owner needs to be mindful of this. She loves to chase, point, and track tennis balls. She has not had hunting experience with us, but her breed's reputation suggests that she is well qualified and highly trainable. She loves to be with people, and is good with children. She is happiest when well-exercised and snuggling on the couch beside her favorite people.

I have attached a few photos. Please take a look. If you think you might be interested or know someone who is, please let me know. If you have any questions, please ask away. I know there is someone on this board who can help us out and will be a great owner for Reeba.

Thanks

Jacob K.

notime
05-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Bump ........

Roop
05-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Boy that sure looks like a wirehair.

Had a GSP and he was THE best dog in the world.

If you haven't spoken to them yet, the GSP rescue league are a bunch of great people who you can be comfortable giving the dog to if she is becoming too much.

http://www.gsprescue.org/

Best of luck,

Roop