PDA

View Full Version : sandwich

surf master
06-09-2004, 06:42 AM
fished the sandwich area last night from shore from about 6 to 9pm, ended up with about 12 fish from 20" to 34" all on the outgoing.All fish were caught on rubba in about 8 feet of water, as soon as the wind picked up around 8pm the fishing died. Anyone else having any luck in that area?

bayside
06-09-2004, 08:06 AM
I had similar results out of Barnstable Harbor - around 8 the wind picked up and the fish stopped biting. Caught a bunch of 15-24"ers on light tackle and a 9wt during the late afternoon hours.

At least it was warm out there!

surf master
06-09-2004, 08:16 AM
hey bayside were you getting them on rubba? I was thinking of going over to barnstable this afternoon, around what area were you fishing?were you fishing the incoming or outgoing?

bayside
06-09-2004, 08:30 AM
We caught most of the fish on herring/mackeral pattern flies, but the big hits we had (they were spitting hooks left and right) were all on Rapala Slivers, silver and brown colored, and Yozuri herring patterns. we had success on the incoming up until high tide (about 5:00), then it cooled off until around 6:15 at which point they really started to feed. Fished a few rocky points with no luck, the rips and channels between various sandbars worked best (especially off Salten Point).

I'll be out there again today, starting early afternoon (18' Hydrasport) for the incoming. Maybe we'll see you out there!