PDA

View Full Version : Block Island

MAKO13
07-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Hey guys

I'm out on Block Island for the Summer (actually the next three summers) doing my Masters research. In between my research and actually working to make $$ I'm going to try and fish as often as I can and I was wondering if any body ever fishes out here? If anybody is ever going to be out and wants to hook up let me know. Im still learning the ropes out here my self but I'd be happy to pass along what I find in exchange for some company or possibly some info sharing on another area of the coast.

-Mike

TonyO
07-10-2004, 09:26 AM
I am jealous

Frisbie
07-12-2004, 09:30 AM
I would love to come out and fish! I don't know the area very well, but company sounds great. I am in grad school as well (UMaSS, Amherst); almost finished. Let's go fishing! What are some places that I could stay, cheap?? Camping??

Thanks,
Rich

MAKO13
07-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Frisbie

Sent you a PM

beaconhill
07-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Mako - I fish Block Island all summer, my wife and kids are there and I commute, usually come out of Thursday nights. Be happy to fish with you sometime, PM me and I will give you my contact info.

joefishingwater
12-14-2004, 08:11 PM
I'mhoping to head that way this spring. I will have a flats boat for sight fishing. It may be a long shot but figured I'd atleast ask.
how has fishing been for you?
thanks, joe

MAKO13
12-14-2004, 08:16 PM
It's a lie, there are NO fish around Block Island, must be a force field under water keeping the fish away, only explaination ;)

....check the 'ol PM

Slappy
12-15-2004, 06:25 AM
Read the book 'Striper Chronicles', I think the author's last name is Orsi.

He may not fish your style, but he has some stories to tell and most of them are about Block I. It will get you jacked for summer!