PDA

View Full Version : Down and out on Yawkey Way.

BobG
07-24-2004, 12:16 AM
It's not yet August, but it's over. Theo, the boy king fielded the best lineup $130 million could buy, and we still don't have a starting left hander. Oops, guess he forgot lefties win games too.
Foulke's 85mph fast ball isn't fooling anyone.
Nomar is clearly bristling with resentment.

Imagine next year....
A-Rod playing third...
Jeter playing short...
Nomar playing second....
then, the unimaginable...
Pedro starts opening day in pinstrips... --124-3

Bob Parsons
07-24-2004, 07:36 AM
A little pessimistic are we?

Isn't about time the Patriots get fired up?

chooch
07-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Don't forget to add Randy Johnson to the Yankee rotation.

Until the Red Sox get players to step up in the clubhouse and show leadership, they won't win anything.

creed
07-24-2004, 01:41 PM
i don't know why in first place we got this Terry glaucoma here.

Punchshot
07-24-2004, 02:04 PM
I'm with Mr Parson's BRING ON THE PAT'S --127-3-

uncle4
07-24-2004, 07:35 PM
WHAT are you talking about? Did you see the
right jab and LEFT CROSS Varitek threw this afternoon?

I'd say there're a couple of lefties that can do some
damage on the roster... too bad none of 'em are in
the bullpen. <hehehehe>

Uncle 4

creed
07-24-2004, 08:56 PM
WHAT are you talking about? Did you see the
right jab and LEFT CROSS Varitek threw this afternoon?

I'd say there're a couple of lefties that can do some
damage on the roster... too bad none of 'em are in
the bullpen. <hehehehe>

Uncle 4
heheh we got them good today

IronMike
07-25-2004, 07:31 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/baseball/mlb/07/24/bc.bba.yankees.redsox.b.ap/tx_varitek_arod_ap.jpg

TonyO
07-25-2004, 11:11 AM
I would start more fights if I was in full protection too.

Soundking
07-25-2004, 12:36 PM
I was at the series opener...now normally I only get emotional about football games, but these guys crushed me that night (that combined with an abnoxious yankees fan about 7 beers deep in back of me trying to scrap with me) that loss was on par with boone's dong shot off wake. But last night they go and do something like that and have me feeling optimistic again...the sox are like a girl your crazy about but treat you like crap, you know they are just going to hurt you but you look for little flashes of good and that absolves all the pain, only to have them hurt you again. That said...PATS START VERY VERY SOON!!! As to the pats keep your eye on Rosevelt Colvin this year, he has regained 90% movement in his hip and has that first step that makes him so deadly back...he will be the destructive force that we thought we were getting last year I think he will be the biggest addition to the pats this year, thats including dillon. Also I hear Deion Branch has added 8 pounds of muscle to his frame, and has reduced his 40 time to sub 4.3, so I would look to see him having a big year. That combined with David Givens as the red-zone target posession guy, and now Troy Brown will line up in the slot against nickle backs Troy will have a resurgance this year playing in the slot and will create all kinds of mis-matches against the nickle backs. The thing I really like this year is that the patriots have won tons of games without an effective runner, now with dillion they can really hurt defenses. Picture this a defense rushes against a 3-step drop and linebackers have to be sprinting in persuit in Weis' spread offense. Then after 45 minutes of active persuit a fresh-legged corey dillion (6'0 225) comes running downhill :eek: good god the pats will be a little too good this year. Can't wait for these guys to start --127-3- --127-3-