PDA

View Full Version : Bonito in RI

fish guts
08-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Hello all, I'm a new RT'er. Does anyone from RI (or anywhere else) know where I could possibly land some Bonito off the south shore beaches? I'm looking at possibly the week of Aug. 23-27, hoping they come in. I'm thinking of dropping the boat in Galalee. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Richard

bauerman
08-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Hi If they are in at that time, the west wall in Pt Judith is always a good place to start. Hope they show up this year.....

Coffee Chris
08-12-2004, 02:23 PM
You should be in good shape to attempt the grand slam during that week.
You can launch in Galillee up inside the pond at the public B ramp. Lots of options at Point Judith...First I would pick a weekday, less boat traffic
less competition, just be mindfull of the large commercial vessels and the ferrys. A nice way to attack that area is to troll or cast along the lighthouse
side a first light and pick up some bass or blues...the same for over by Deep hole, then head over to the west wall and the adjacent beach and look
for funny fish activity...sometimes the fish like to stay close to the wall but be respectfull of the shore guys or they might start bouncing diamond
jigs off the side off the side of your boat. Sometimes they set up on the drop
right inside the harbor of refuge.Sometimes up inside Naragansett more
and other times its worth a run over towards the breachways. Anyway
you should have a legit shot a slam weather permitting ( or it could be a ham slam, you never know during hurricane season)