PDA

View Full Version : How to read a NWS forecast...

Robocop
09-15-2004, 05:27 PM
When is the wind gonna stop? (#$119)

Chuckster
09-15-2004, 05:42 PM
...deadly accurate! :D

Robocop
09-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Okay,

I'm cheating. Posting my own reply so that I'll move up on the list, but...

Did anyone see the forecast of NE 20kt Seas 1 foot or less? That is a meteorologically / nautically impossible happening. What are they thinking? They are going to get some poor slob, who doesn't know any better, killed!

RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT!
RAVE RAVE RAVE RAVE RAVE RAVE RAVE RAVE! :eek:

zimmjas
09-16-2004, 08:02 PM
What irks me is that the forecast for Rhode Island/Block Island Sounds was 5-10 knots earlier today. I go out and prep my boat a few minutes ago, check the weather forecast on the VHF, and start hearing up to 25 knot gusts (which is what NOAA forecasted tomorrow). Didn't hear what area that forecast was for, so I went on-line, checked the website, and sure as sh!t, that's what they've got down for Little Rhody tomorrow. Watching the forecasts all week, they predicted that today was supposed to be like Friday. I decided not to go today and head out OTW Friday. Now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. :mad:

I can always go from shore though... it's so much more relaxing than on a boat.

Robocop
09-06-2006, 08:03 PM
I posted this a few years ago. Testing to see if a reply will put it back on the list. MODERATOR - Please move this to Tuna and Offshore as this is a current topic - pun intended!--127-3-