PDA

View Full Version : 9-16: Canal rpt

bdowning
09-17-2004, 07:50 AM
My work schedule now precludes me from fishing most early mornings (except for Sundays) for the rest of the season, which is when most of the Ditch action has been taking place lately, so I'm pretty much locked into daytime or evening.

Hit the east tide last night from 8-10:30 and picked up a few high schoolies plus missed a couple of bigger hits. For the most part they wanted black bucktail jig-n-pigs. The pig being a red 6 inch sluggo trailer. They wouldn't even give the longer Porker strip a look?? As ho-hum as that sounds, it's actually the best action I've had on an east tide in weeks. Yikes!

-bd

jettyjockey
09-17-2004, 08:03 PM
My work schedule now precludes me from fishing most early mornings (except for Sundays) for the rest of the season, which is when most of the Ditch action has been taking place lately, so I'm pretty much locked into daytime or evening.

Hit the east tide last night from 8-10:30 and picked up a few high schoolies plus missed a couple of bigger hits. For the most part they wanted black bucktail jig-n-pigs. The pig being a red 6 inch sluggo trailer. They wouldn't even give the longer Porker strip a look?? As ho-hum as that sounds, it's actually the best action I've had on an east tide in weeks. Yikes!

-bd

trim the pork strip...i have several jars left of the 7" strike king pork-o's, and this time of year i trim the pork to about 4 inches and put a little notch in the end...

"work schedule"...thats funny bd, you had me going for a second... ;) :)

BobG
09-17-2004, 09:18 PM
"work schedule"...thats funny bd, you had me going for a second... ;) :)

Yea, I know that's what he's been telling me too. I think he's giving us all the fast shuffle and fishing some where else. :brow --123-3

bdowning
09-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Jeez I can't put anything past you guys! (#$119)

-bd