PDA

View Full Version : canal report***

BobG
10-03-2004, 10:30 AM
Not so great this morning. :rolleyes: Cold front came through. That, combined with the boat traffic really seemed to kill off the tide, and the morning. Had a few small breaking here and there, plus quite a few albies.
I only managed a few reall smalls on metal throw as far as I could, and dead drifted with the current. Lots of effort for tiny fish.
Well, it won't be long now, and this miserable 2004 season will all be behind us. :rolleyes:

Surf Cowboy
10-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Same here. I fished from the 100 steps to the East End. I fished the whole west tide again. I did get one nice 36" fish around the Sagamore and then ripped another bigger fish's lips off within 5 feet of shore. That one was in the mid twenties. I worked a favorite hole of mine down on the east end and didn't even get a tap. I don't think I have EVER been skunked at that hole before. I've got two nights left. Hopefully I'll get on some fish. Last night I was trying poles I've never fished before just looking for hits. I left at slack so I don't know if there were fish on top.

On another note, these two nighs have been some of the more pleasant ones I've fished.

jeffsod
10-03-2004, 07:53 PM
There was a lot of small fish on small bait on the surface in the midcanal this morning. I threw a topwater pencil for a while at first light but the fish were not interested. Not a lot of catching going on that I saw though. I did see one decent fish taken around sunrise on what looked like a crippled herring type jig. The few fish I managed were small and fell for the crippled herring.

On a side note twice in the last several days I have seen a dozen or so wild turkeys on the side of the road as you come down off the Bourne bridge onto 495 just off the pavement to the right before the turn off for the rotary.