PDA

View Full Version : Rhody Recap!!!

FlyFishMich
10-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Just got to CT after 3+ days of pretty good action. Still a few days left here before heading back to Michigan. Here's the long and short of it...

10/4-Hit a popular breachway on Monday afternoon, hooked and landed my shore albie on my very first cast :hihi:

10/5-WW in the AM...walking out to join the boys on the outside but was distracted by the blitzing bass on the inside...released a dozen or so schoolies before the action died down. Went back to the "albie" breachway and was 1 for 3 in the first hour I was there...broke off the first one when it went for the bridge (hint, hint), dropped the second one after a lengthy battle, finally brought the third one to hand.

10/6-tough day everywhere I went...caught a stinky black kitty with a white stripe down its back.

10/7-Killed the skunk early at WW with a bluefish...walked further out and landed 2 albies around 8:00am. Went back to the "top secret" albie spot about 11:30 and landed 2 in the next 3 hours with lots of other hits and follows. Fish were definitely in fewer number and a lot pickier...caught them on both the east and west side but they were running the west side a lot better. So....broke my one day record with 4 fish landed from shore :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :D Crazy day!!!

Number of albies seem to be on the decline from what I saw (just got better in hooking them today)...and from what I have heard...maybe the albie fat lady is getting ready to sing?

I have to say the RI group of "albie nuts" is probably the friendliest group of guys I have ever fished next to...ever. Certainly a refreshing break from the negativity I am used to on my home waters in MI. If I met any of you guys over the last few days...THANKS!!!! I appreciate how welcome you made me feel!