PDA

View Full Version : Cape Cod Canal question

bigblue
10-18-2004, 10:06 AM
At the area in front of the Sandwich Marina parking lot and bathroom- there is an area where there are a line of eddies about 100 feet from shore. What causes these?
Are there pipes on the bottom pumping water from the power plant out into the Canal?

bdowning
10-18-2004, 10:10 AM
I know what you are referring to, but don't know the answer. They look like upwellings from some big underwater obstruction. All I know is, I've lost a lot of jigs there over the years, so there must be some snag magnet down there :rolleyes: .

-bd

bigblue
10-18-2004, 10:19 AM
I used a bunch of worn-out bucktail jigs there and didn't really care if I lost them. I think that a couple of the snags there are old/new lobster pots. The guys who set them probably have a huge jig and metal lure collection. :-P

Slappy
10-18-2004, 02:34 PM
That is the warmwater outflow from the power plant. (although it isn't really warm like other power plant outflows). The intakes are a couple hundred yards west in the canal. Very popular spot to fish. Other than bass/blues etc, there are no fish there.

bigblue
10-18-2004, 03:23 PM
That is the warmwater outflow from the power plant. (although it isn't really warm like other power plant outflows). The intakes are a couple hundred yards west in the canal. Very popular spot to fish. Other than bass/blues etc, there are no fish there.

Bass/Blues....what else do you need? 8^)

JimK
10-19-2004, 11:29 AM
hey that's my secret spot :eek:

bb1
10-20-2004, 12:23 AM
From the rest rooms @ Sandwich Harbor...to the power plant, I'm not sure what area you guys are talking of?

Do you mean from the first pole, to the left of the rest rooms where the rips are on a east tide?