PDA

View Full Version : Quincy - 5/10 (AM)

TeeB
05-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Dragged myself out of bed this morning @ 4:30am to fish the last 2 hours of outgoing near Squantum. Was dressed more like steelhead fishing with the neophrene and winter hat on! First time out this year with no expectations of catching anything - which was probably my first mistake. Tied on a fat 6" herring pattern I tied last year. After about 15 casts - wham - I guess my strip-set is still a bit rusty from the winter. Didn't land the fish because the hook was not set well enough, but the 10 second fight was enough to show me this fish was not a 14 inch twinkie like I expected. It was at least 24-26in. and was on the bottom in 2-3 feet of water. Saw no action on top ...

Anybody else seeing action around Quincy Bay and Boston Harbor?

Ken Buke
05-10-2005, 07:54 AM
The onthewater.com fish report noted that Blacks creek was producing some holdovers....But the cod are in...

north coast
05-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Saw a guy fighting what looked to be a pretty good fish off the charelstown bridge at about 6 this morning.first activity I've seen there this year.usually a frenzy there by now. (drive by there almost every morning)

medburd
05-11-2005, 08:33 AM
I have usually hit the neponset by this time..have yet to this year..I think I probably should...I got some nice herring patterns to try out and a hellof a lot rust to break off!! I'm checking this weekends weather

TeeB
05-11-2005, 08:52 AM
Tried again off Squantum this morning with no luck. Sounds like trying the Neponset might be worthwhile later this week/weekend.