PDA

View Full Version : Merrimac 5.15

Tball
05-16-2005, 05:36 AM
Splashed the boat to its slip ran up and down the river didn't fish much weather was pretty bad. Water Temps 51 at mouth and 57 west of the bridge

twick
05-16-2005, 06:24 AM
I drove up yesterday afternoon around 5 to Joppa with kayak. I should have checked the local weather as when I arrived, there were white caps on the river and it did not look very kayak friendly. I did not see another boat on the river. The water did seem warm though.

greenacres
05-16-2005, 06:37 AM
launched the yak at salisbury 7 am tried fishing by the party boats backside of plum nadda, went over to the parker went up stream a bit didnt see anthing alive in the marsh cold and windy,long paddle back but more or less just a shakedown cruise on my new yak the rudder was a life saver in that wind . didnt bother fishing the sailsbury side there were around 20 seals on the rocks.a couple of waders told me they picked up schoolies on the front side of plum.

Hoffer
05-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Pulled in a dozen fish (18-24in) late Sunday afternoon from beach. Switched from a large storm to small (4in/6in) and hit them straight for about 45 minutes.

Lot's of seals, birds, bait, and wind. Good first trip of the season!