PDA

View Full Version : North River 5/22

AdamFishes
05-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Caught 4 fish in about a hour biggest around 27 didn't have a tape might have been a keeper very fat fish. They were caught at about 3:45 on the dropping tide. Finally got the skunk off yes! --127-3-

Capt.Sickdog
05-23-2005, 10:36 AM
did the same on saturday in the North and S :-% outh river. caught 4 going out to catch some mac, then 4 more on the way in. very fat

Guido
05-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Were you on a boat or from shore? I was thinking of going to Damon's point tonight! I am new to the Area and am searching for spots! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Guido

AdamFishes
05-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Damons point.

Guido
05-23-2005, 10:58 AM
No Kidding! Thanks for the info! I'll let you know how I do! Thanks Again!!

Guido

swashy
05-23-2005, 02:39 PM
On Friday morning I managed a 30" on the incoming up between 3A and Kings. Got it on a 6" sluggo, LT. First keeper of the year. --127-3-

Ran back that evening to find 3 guys anchored up in the same area. Was there for 10 minutes and watched them bring in 4 keepers in that time.... :eek: . They were chunking mac. Big fish are certainly in. I have yet to catch anything down river from the 3A bridge...but I know others have.

Guido
05-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Swashy,

Where is Kings Or What is Kings? I am going to be putting a Boat in there this week, is the Ramp off of Ferry street a good Spot to put in? Any other Public Ramps to put in? Thanks! I'm gonna be at Damon's some night throwing Chunk!!! Weather permitting!!

Guido

Capt.Sickdog
05-23-2005, 03:31 PM
I was in a boat

you can troll all the way from the windmill up river from the 3A bridge, down past the spit and catch big fish. runnin 3 colors of lead core with rubber or plastic baits at mid tide is deadly when you hug the marsh. good luck

swashy
05-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Guido, I have never put in on Ferry St...but I hear it's a nice ramp. It's a bit of a hike to the N. River from there...not that you can't find fish in the S. River too. I also know that people put in off the driftway in Scituate...may be ok for a small boat and it's closer. Not sure about parking.

SickDog....that's the 2nd time that I've heard a referance to the windmill in about a week...where is that?

Ran down to tie a couple extra lines on the boat this morning and then ran over to Damon's. Managed a couple before the wind picked up and made things uncomfortable. Nasty looking out front.

swashy
05-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Sorry....Kings Landing in Norwell - Marina. Off of Rt. 228...I think it is.

BCM
05-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Sorry....Kings Landing in Norwell - Marina. Off of Rt. 228...I think it is.

That would be Route 123, not 228. I think its about .5 mile east of Bridge Street on the right, maybe less. The best Place to launch would be Mary's, right where 3A crosses the river. Or you could launch at Bridge Street and I could hit golf balls at you from our front lawn ;)

-Brendan

Guido
05-27-2005, 09:14 AM
I checked out Damon's last night! I found it! Thanks to all who helped!! What's the Best tide to Fish there...outgoing? Do you need a pass to put in at Mary's? I took the Old Lady on a tour last night..Third Cliff was Rough as can be!! The Wind was still Howling!!

Guido

swashy
05-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi Guido,

Glad you found it. My favorite tide at Damon's is the last 2 hours before low..on the right side. You can also try high tide from the dock on the right.

I think Mary's charges to launch....not sure how much.

Guido
05-27-2005, 10:45 AM
SWASHY,

Thanks for all your help finding Damons! Looks like a cool spot. Can you walk all the way around there on the dropping Tide? Also at high Tide(It was Low when I was there last night) can you get down to the water or is it too high? Do you fish from the Rocks? Thanks!!

Guido

Capt.Sickdog
05-27-2005, 11:44 AM
I think Mary's is up to 15 bucks this year and across the river is not much better.. better off buying a sticker for the year and hitting the town ramp in the south river. in the middle of the channel, off damon's is a 40 foot drop. when the tide is ripping, and it does rip, I pig and Jig heavy bucktails with wire as the sun is comming up. huge bass down there but watch out for the rocks. :-%

swashy
05-27-2005, 02:59 PM
No problem Guido. Glad you found it. You can wade around at low tide...but be very careful. There are a lot of muscle beds around and - as sickdog points out - some serious drop offs. You don't want to take a swim in that current...and especially this time of year. That said, on the right side at low tide there is an edy that forms at the base of the rocks. That's a great spot. You can also keep walking down in the direction of the mouth. A lot of muscle beds, which are great to fish too.

At high tide, yeah, you can cast from the rocks or the dock on the left. There used to be a "pier"..I believe it was part of te old railroad bridge...but they ripped it down this winter. Again, my favorite tide there is low.