PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pearl, Wrentham MA

fishingdan
06-20-2005, 11:17 AM
I live near this lake and go there to fish for bass occasionally. This year, I have seen a lot of trout. They look to be stocked fish since they all appear to be the same size (about 12" to 16"). I have seen them cruising the shallows near the ramp, following small crankbaits to the boat and even had one grab a plastic worm near the boat (didn't hook it).

I have never fished for trout before and I might give it a go. Of course I won't find any when I target them, but it is worth a try. Can anyone provide some suggestions (techniques, lures, flies)?

Thanks,
Dan

Chuckster
06-20-2005, 12:16 PM
I live right near there as well and fished it alot until I got my SW skiff. I've landed a few trout there, and have seen many of the stocked salmon pulled out of there. I typically fished for pickerel up on the coontail flats next to the islands.

For those stocked trout you're seeing, I'd try some flashy streamers like Mickey Finns, Black-nosed Daces, and pretty much anything with a silver or gold flash to it. If all else fails throw a white 1/8th oz. silver-bladed Rooster Tail on an ultralight rod and hang on!

You might want to try fishing the deep hole in front of the first house next to Sweatt Beach... I've "heard" that is a good spot! :brow

fishingdan
06-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks Chuckster....

teflon_jones
06-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Small silver spoons or small Mepps spinners if you're using spinning tackle, or small flashy (gold or silver) streamers if you're fly fishing. Also a nice black or olive woolly bugger with some flash in it fished on a sink tip line will do very well.

Bob Parsons
06-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Yes the lake is stocked spring and fall. I believe they release them over by red brook dam. I lived in the area as a kid and would get some early season on worms and salmon eggs.

bdowning
06-24-2005, 01:08 PM
It's also a great ice fishing lake. You're liable to catch just about anything there, including browns, salmon, and most warm water species. At one time they stocked pike or tiger muskies, but I don't know how often they kept it up.

-bd