PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Cameras ?

tunatangler
07-08-2005, 07:26 AM
My new chartplotter has a plug and play feature to add video and I was thinking of getting an underwater video camera to play around with. Anyone have any experience with these ? The Seaviewer offshore unit looks interesting.

Soundking
07-08-2005, 08:42 AM
I have played around with the aqua-vu, and it has helped me a lot. You can check out the structure and see how the fish move along it. What is really fun is to chum up a school of bass and watch them feed on the chunks, really cool. It quickly gets stowed when the fishing gets good, but it is a good educational tool.

Linedancer
07-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Thanks for this post. I'm no spring chicken but I, too, have been eyeing a video underwater system as my next essential toy. Would like to hear more from those who have used them. I feel like I can never know enough and this board is a good way to get great ideas on other approaches to knowing and fishing. Thanks again.

CMP
07-08-2005, 11:11 AM
I was given one a few years ago as a present and have no use for it. I don't recall the make, but I'd let it go cheap as it's just sitting around. If yer interested, I'll look at it when I'm on-Cape this weekend and let you know what it is...

CMP