PDA

View Full Version : Big Eye Tuna

SamRiley
07-25-2005, 10:52 AM
I had Big Eye for the first time this weekend. It was amazing. May have been the cut or grade of fish but the only thing I have had that's been better has been Toro. If anyone hooks up and is looking to offload lemme know --127-3-

dogfather
07-27-2005, 08:46 AM
Could have been the fish I caught; did you eat at The East Coast Grill by any chance?

SamRiley
07-27-2005, 08:50 AM
That's the one :) It has been a few years since we have gone there. They still know how to do black and blue Tuna.

dogfather
07-27-2005, 11:10 AM
That fish came from a degrading cold-water "edge" about 15 miles south of the shipping lanes on wednesday last week. It took nearly 45 minutes to get it into the boat as it hit a tuna burner on the long rod (a 7' trolling rod w/50tw) way back behind the spread---and I have no fighting chair. Sure helped to have a talented angler on the rod.

Glad to hear it tasted so good---that's the value of running offshore with 300 pounds of ice!

nsvencer
07-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Could have been the fish I caught; did you eat at The East Coast Grill by any chance?

Best Eats in Boston. Sides always complement the main so well. And the Black Seal Sours are something else...

e-sea-e
07-28-2005, 04:16 PM
where is the east coast grille? never heard of it. always looking to check out good seafood resturants.

SherpaT
07-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Great place. In cambridge, on Cambridge St, near intersection w/ Mass Ave

sandy
07-28-2005, 06:44 PM
I highly recommend Sunday Brunch, they have a great self service bloody mary bar that can cure any ailments from the previous night. If you like spicy food then you have to try Hotter Than Hell Night, but it is only for people serious about hot food. I had one bite of their Pasta From Hell and I was sweating.

e-sea-e
07-29-2005, 11:15 AM
sounds like a great place. i'll have to wait for winter to try the brunch though, sun am i am otw every weekend.

BCM
08-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Great place. In cambridge, on Cambridge St, near intersection w/ Mass Ave

To be more specific, Intersection of Cambridge and Prospect, not too far east of the prospect/mass ave intersection in Central Square. I live close, so I like to go over for Oysters and a beer if I've got nothing in the fridge... Has to be my favorite restaraunt in boston :-%

http://www.eastcoastgrill.net/