PDA

View Full Version : North Shore 8/24pm - blues and bass and birds

diannett
08-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Two buddies and I went out last night out of Ipswitch. Fished the outgoing around the mouth, Crane, and tip of Plum Is.

Found a decent amount of bait and fish around. Hooked up with some nice sized (10lbs or so) blues working under loads of birds at sunset. Took them on sluggos, kastmasters, poppers. (most anything we threw)

My buddy hooked a nice 38" bass out of some rocks after sundown on a 7" sluggo on a jighead. Best i've seen on a sluggo....i love those darn things. Good fish that we had to chase after a bit with the boat, after she'd wrapped him around some rocks.

All in all a good night, and looking to be lining up for a stellar Sept.

Saw several other boats also out there. Anyone else find anything good?
-Dave

Roostahfish
08-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Went out of Manchester on Tue PM. Went north a bit and found a ton of birds with some breaking fish. Nothing big, but we managed to pull out a few blues and some small bass. There was a TON of bait in the water....looked like it was raining in some spots with the bait on the surface.

Planning on a sunrise mission on Saturday....I'm guessing it's going to get pretty busy out there, so I think we're going fish sunrise until about 9-10.

Will let you know what happens....

medburd
08-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Not sure if anyone has noticed..but the tides are looking reel, reel, reel good right now for the morning bite!!!..hopefully if the plan comes together, I'll be showing some pics about tomorrow morning. I've been dreaming about the ip river all summer..I love it up there!! thanks for the inspiration diannet..I'll be drifting that same area. I got a great bunker fly too...we'll see how productive it can be..wish me luck....FYI..I got my largest bass up there last year, same area on a 6" sluggo..41" - 29lbs...great fish on a great morning!!...looking forward to tomorrow!!!! it's been a while since I frequented the place.

averagejoe
08-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Medburd bring a bunch of back up flies and plastics or wire...my kayak is littered with chewed up plastic and fly remnants :)

medburd
08-25-2005, 03:37 PM
averagejoe....thanks for the heads up! I hope I can at least waist a bag of sluggos anyway!.....where can I get one of those squirell flies? You think I can throw it with the 9wt?..do they make alot of noise while your tying them? http://www.reel-time.com/forum/images/smilies/brow.gif