PDA

View Full Version : MV Vacation

saltyh2ofly
09-06-2005, 11:30 AM
--127-3- --127-3- --127-3-
Finally getting close to my annual Martha's Vineyard vacation, each year my family and friends (with their family) fish MV for a week, just wondering if there has been anything going on. I know there were BFTs from the beach a few weeks ago but I haven't heard of much going on. We enjoy shore fishing mostly but are bring up the yaks as we've done in the past. Any word on other tuna, bass or blues? Any help would be greatly appreicated...salty

Bob Parsons
09-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Bonito have been off State Beach within easy kayaking distance. Some in Edgartown harbor as well but distance can be much greater. Although driving around cape poge to the gut and launching would put you close. Last year that area was hot for albies about this time.

brushfly
09-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Not sure if you'll be in the derby but a month ago I did well on the flood inside Tashmoo for schoolie bass. Should be as good if not better with the temps dropping a bit and it's a beautiful place to launch a yak if so desired. Work the channel edges. You also may see some tunoids near the inlet if your lucky. Good luck.

tunawishin'
09-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Reports are for bonito from Menemsha fairly readily and not so catchable albies for the last several days. They also had a brief West Chop showing and moved on; no alberts outta Edgarville or Cape Poge yet.

Good luck.

keithJ
09-06-2005, 12:08 PM
They were at cape poge gut and around edgartown light both sunday and monday. They weren't, however, easily fooled.

FYI- they only seem to be on top in the morning, and they don't like most of the things I throw at them. One fish on a small green maria, everything else was totally denied. :mad:

Sentience
09-06-2005, 12:30 PM
they must have been accessible by boat. i fished the gut from shore all three weekend days throughout the day (between 5:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.) and did not see any fish. it is setting up ok though with many baitfish hugging the shore.

fishinimpossible
09-06-2005, 01:15 PM
I'll be there next week, way out on Cape Poge. Who saw BFT's from shore? Maybe I can pass one off for a bonito in the derby standings....

Bob Parsons
09-06-2005, 01:39 PM
they must have been accessible by boat. i fished the gut from shore all three weekend days throughout the day (between 5:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.) and did not see any fish. it is setting up ok though with many baitfish hugging the shore. From a bait perspective things are looking great in many areas.

buzzbait
09-06-2005, 03:30 PM
I'll be on MV next week, I'd like to bring over my boat, anyone have recommendations on where I can rent a slip in Edgartown for the week?

I'd prefer a slip, but a mooring would do...
Thanks

jim

e-sea-e
09-06-2005, 04:45 PM
hey buzzbait, love the tagline! BTW, they also hit spinnerbaits, texas rigged worms, and just about any other largemouth lure. buzz baits and spinnerbaits are awesome bluefish baits as well. next weekend we will see how they work on SBFT's, meant to try it this weekend but forgot to grab them out of my freshwater box.

saltyh2ofly
09-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Thank you all for the great info guys. I've been fishing MV for the past 20+ years and I always take the hand delt to me. Weather and fish are one thing we and never count on but it's good to hear things are in a fall mode. I'll report back on my trip upon my return....again thank you for you help.